Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Mama Mayday

Good morning Internet,

I have a parenting question I need some help with. But first the details.

I put Benjamin to bed the other night. Ten minutes later he came out to ask if he could sleep on the floor.

"Whatever makes you  happy, Buddy!" I'm not much for arguing over trivial matters.

I didn't think much of it after that. I went about my business for the evening {ahem} Candy Crush {ahem} and went to bed myself some time later.

At 1:00 AM, I was awakened to Benjamin calling my name. I stumbled into his room and kicked him in the head. Not on purpose of course! But he was on the floor and I had forgotten.

"Mommy, I'm cold," said the shivering little boy, wearing only his underpants, huddled under a fleece blanket.

"Why don't you climb into bed, honey. I'll put the blankets on you and you'll warm up in no time."

"I don't want to! I want to sleep on the floor."

"OK, how about some jammies then? That might help"

"No."

At a complete loss as to what to do, I went to the living room and grabbed another blanket to throw on him.

"Is that better?"

"Mm-hmm."

And then I went to back to my nice warm BED and tried to fall back asleep while my brain was fixated on what must be wrong with my son.

Do you think it's poison ivy?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...