Friday, January 20, 2017

40 Random Questions

Do you usually see the glass as half full or half empty? I am definitely a glass half full person. It comes naturally to me to expect good things and to look for good things to occur.

What is something that would be really hard for you to give up on? I could never give up on my family.

Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? I hope I would. I mean I guess honestly I would hesitate, but I've read that it's the chest compressions that are the most important and I could probably do that.

What makes you bored? I don't know that I get bored all that often. There are times (few and far between) where I have nothing to do but stare out the window, but I actually like those times.

What is your favorite four-legged creature? I have always been a cat person, but lately, I 'm really just a bit tired of having a pet at all. I have too many other things to take care of.

Do you like spicy food or not? Why? I like spicy food, but spicy food does not like me. I eat it when I shouldn't and then end up with an upset stomach and acid reflux for the rest of the day.

Do you consider yourself old-fashioned? I certainly don't consider myself fashion-forward or up-to-date on most things. Does that make me old fashioned? Then I guess I am!

What is something or someone you miss from childhood? I miss the ignorance of childhood. I miss reading books all day, or playing outside without a care in the world.

Are you usually early, late, or right on time? I am almost always late. It's not always my fault though. There are plenty of times I've been waiting in the van while the kids or Ken finished getting ready. If it's just me, I tend to be more punctual.

Are you happy with your life - at least for the most part - right now? That's a loaded question! We are stuck in limbo right now, so I am feeling unsettled and ready to make decision and get things moving. Overall, though, I've been feeling much happier lately.

Who is someone you envy? I don't think I really envy anyone. We all have our own struggles even though some people are most private about theirs. I do wish  had more money and didn't have to worry about bills so much.

What is your all time favorite book? I think I'd still pick the Harry Potter series. Is that cheating? I don't care!!

What is something you are proud you have achieved? I have three wonderful kids, a great husband, a solid marriage, and a good job. I'm not sure those are "achievements" though.

What was the worst punishment you received as a child? I remember my mom taking away my books when I got in trouble. Usually I was in trouble for reading after bedtime. I hated having my books taken away. Of course, now my own daughter does the same thing (reading after bedtime) and has the same punishment. I hate doing it, but she's got to get her rest!

If you could change one thing, ONLY one thing, about your appearance, what would it be? I really just want to be a few inches taller. My desk is too tall, my pants are too long. I have to climb on the counter in my kitchen to reach the cabinets.

What are three things in nature that you find beautiful? Sunrises, a mountain top view, and a calm lake

If you could do it over, would you choose the same career? Well I'm not doing what I went to college for, so I might have made some different choices along the way; but I do use my teaching knowledge as part of my job and I love what I'm doing now.

What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do? Most of last year would probably qualify. Telling the kids we'd had a miscarriage just a few days after telling them they would be getting a new sibling was heartbreaking. I can still remember the way Ben just cried and cried.

When was the last time you lied? This morning Henry asked me where the iPad was and I lied and told him I didn't know. It's actually in my sock drawer!

What are you listening to RIGHT NOW? Nothing! My office is quiet, there's not much going on. I get to leave soon.

What is the last thing you ate? Currently eating pistachios

What is something you would happily do again if given the chance? I would love to go on my honeymoon again. We had a great time traveling around, just the two of us. I don't think we've had a vacation together since then!

What are your five favorite foods? Salads, sandwiches with all the fixings, my daddy's spaghetti, my mom's pepper steak, and Ken's Salisbury steak

What is your astrological sign and do you fit the description? I'm a Pisces which I think is funny because I'm not especially fond of the water. I don't really pay much attention to astrology.

Do you have a lucky number? What is it and why is it lucky?I was born on the 13th and married on the 23rd, so those are my two luckiest numbers.

If you could have two super powers, what would you choose? I would choose super energy so I could get housework done in the evenings without falling asleep and also invisibility, so I could check out whenever I needed to.

What is the last dream you remember having? I had a weird dream last week that something bad happened to one of my student workers. It was weird seeing her the next day at work and trying to to remember the dream. OF course, now I can't remember it at all. Probably for the best.

Where did you get married? If you've never been married, what do you envision? We got married at my mom's church in the town I grew up in. The priest was a close friend, the musicians were friends, the photographer was our neighbor, the catering was done my family friends of Ken's family, the flowers were done by friends and the DJ was friends with both of us. I think the cake was the only part of the wedding/reception without a personal relationship.

 Have you ever been hospitalized for anything other than childbirth? I had bladder surgery when I was 6. I don't really remember much about it.

What is the appliance you would most hate to live without? We are without a dishwasher for the time being and I really miss it! My arms hurt from washing all the dishes and we're down to only four glasses to drink out of as the rest all got chipped.

What is the last movie you saw in a theater? Was it good? We saw Rogue One after Christmas. I enjoyed it, but mostly enjoyed my kids' and husband's reactions.

If you could ask your future self one question and get a truthful answer, what would your question be? "Does it all work out?" Of course, I know it does, but there's a life lesson in the waiting.

When was the last time you dressed up in "fancy" clothes and what was the occasion? I honestly don't remember!! I wore a formal dress to my best friend's daughter's princess party. Does that count? Before that it probably would have been when Julie got married in 2008.

How do you like to eat your eggs? I like scrambled and fried. Sunny side up is good on toast. I had a big craving for poached eggs last week and they turned out well.
A photo posted by Rabia Lieber (@mamarabia) on

Is there anything stuck on your refrigerator door? What? We have the chore list and Ken's work schedule. All my magnets got packed and stored away, so I don't have anything else up there.

What is the last picture on your phone? A picture of a pretzel I was eating because I was tasked with Instagramming  them for my Influenster box.
A photo posted by Rabia Lieber (@mamarabia) on

Can you speak a second language? If not, what language would you like to learn? I can understand some French and Spanish, but I can't really speak either of them. I'm pretty good at Pig Latin.

If you were playing Monopoly, which playing piece would you be most likely to choose? (tophat, thimble, Iron, shoe, battleship, cannon, racecar, purse, scottie dog, wheelbarrow) I always picked the thimble. I haven't played in a long time!

Are you good at keeping secrets? Sort of? Husband's don't count as "telling" do they?

Rollercoasters - love them or hate them? LOVE!! I can't wait until the kids are old enough to go on them with me. Ken is not a fan and they are too short for most of them right now.

Thanks for the questions, Lisa!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...