Monday, April 25, 2016

U: Unique #AtoZChallenge

I'm am about to test our internet friendship. I'm going to say a few things that make me feel unique. I'm pretty sure that most of you won't agree with me on these. But I'm going to go ahead and say them anyway.

1. I've never met anyone for coffee. I don't like coffee. I guess I should admit that I've only tried it once, black, and it was gross. I've had people tell me that it tastes better with cream or sugar or something else in it, but I'm not really willing to try again. Mainly because I don't handle caffeine well anyway, but also because I don't want to start myself on an expensive, calorie-laden habit at this point in my life. I've lived this long without it, I may as well stay that way.

2. I find the dentist incredibly relaxing. Something about the way the chair reclines, or the soft music and gentle voices just makes me want to go to sleep. In fact, I have drifted off a time or two. Plus, I love the way my teeth feel after a good buff and floss. I look forward to my twice yearly visits.

3. I don't do the Mommy/wine thing. I drink wine socially on occasion. Mainly just with family. Actually that goes for most any kind of alcohol. I have a really low tolerance and just a few sips make me really sleepy. Like the coffee, I could probably build up a tolerance, but again, it seems silly to encourage myself to take on an expensive, calorie-laden habit.

4. I made a list three years ago of some things I've never done. I've still not done anything on that list, except for watching the original Star Wars trilogy. Ken put it on for the kids and I mostly paid attention.

5. Speaking of that list: Here is a more complete list of movies I've never seen: It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, Elf, Gone With the Wind, E.T., The Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, and Steel Magnolias. There are plenty more, but these are the ones people are most horrified about.


Can we still be friends? Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...