Friday, October 3, 2014

Five Minute Friday: New


Five Minute Friday has a new home! Come check it out and join in on the free-writing fun!
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...


Five minutes on new...

GO

Happy October! It seems like in many ways, this year has just flown by and here we are, already in October. The past few months have brought many changes along with them and it's just now that I feel like we are setting into our routine. We've learned a new routine for our mornings. Frances has started a new school. All three kids have new teachers. Benjamin is playing soccer for the first time and that's a new experience he's still not quite sure about.


Yet even with so many new things, many others still feel homey and familiar. We are in our same old house. School routines are familiar even if they are slightly different. Work has settled into a comfortable pace again.
I want to say that the more things change the more they stay the same, but that's not really quite it. I think the feeling I get is more of a comfortable, cared for feeling. I know that whether things are new and exciting, or new and different, the foundation is still the same and there are always certain truths that I can always cling to. Even though he "makes all things new," Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever! (Hebrews 13:8)


15 comments :

  1. Amen! No matter what changes happen in our lives, the love of God remains the same. His promises never change. His character never changes. I'd be a mess without that knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello FMF Neighbor! I loved your comforting post. It is wonderful that although each day holds new and changing things, but God ... He remains true to us, Himself and His promise. A firm foundation that supports us as things around us, even ourselves, change and become new.
    Blessing to you.
    Andrea

    http://hopeannfaith.wordpress.com/2014/10/03/renew-your-mind-and-receive-a-new-heart/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely here too so much has changed, but still so much has remained the same, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding! I love that grounding stability!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.
    That foundation is so essential to my well being. I don't know where I'd be without it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just the craziness of life, isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dose of RealityOctober 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM

    One of my favorite things about this time of year is that the newness of school has started to wear off. I like the comfort of routine. :) Great post!-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a month to the day today, actually, for our school. It's definitely getting more comfortable. I was told that breathless parent of a kindergartener feeling would fade away around now.
    I think it's starting to fade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, so true.


    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true. Why is time running so fast! Sometimes I wish it would slow down. Or I should slow down. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's almost an irony there, huh. Jesus never changes but makes us a new creation. What a great thought!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting into the Kindergarten routine takes a little longer, especially the first time. I'm glad you've hit that zone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Amber! It was busy, but great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just want a pause button sometimes! Wouldn't that be awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Carol. It is an interesting thought. Keeps us on our toes, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...