Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Liebster Award!

Trish, from Everyday Trish, recently awarded me the highly sought after, and coveted blogging award...The Liebester! After I thanked all the little people, I read her post and discovered some more about it.
The Liebster Award is a way to recognize other bloggers and give shout outs to your favorite writers. It is, of course, an honor to have been nominated. Plus, it's just plain fun! In order to accept the award properly, I have a few rules to follow:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site. (Done!)
2. Answer the 11 questions they picked out for you. (See below)
3. Pick 11 blogs with 200 or fewer followers to nominate for the award. Don't forget to let them know you nominated them.
4. Think up 11 awesome questions for them to answer on their own blog. (Well, I don't know about awesome, but I'll do what I can!)

Thanks again to Trish for sharing the love with me! And now, on to her questions:

1. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog as an easy way to share pictures and stories with my mom. This was before I was on Facebook, and my mom had limited computing skills. (You should see her now!!)

2. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? If you don’t like ice cream, please explain what’s wrong with you.
I like ice scream just fine, thank you! My favorite flavor is mint chocolate chip!

3. What do you like most about yourself?
I like my willingness to help out other people. I serve on the board of a local non-profit and I've had a really good time help them raise money and getting the word out about who they are and what they do.

4. What’s your favorite season, and why?
I'm a 100% summer girl! I like it hot and sunny. You can go outside and spend time instead of being cooped up in the house. Catching fireflies, sleeping in a sunbeam, staying out late; those ar all summer things I love doing!

5. If you could go to one place in the whole world, where would it be?
I would go to New Zealand/Australia. I've just always thought the area looks beautiful in pictures.

6. What’s the most delicious thing you know how to make?
Lately, I have been on this stir-fry kick and I think it is pretty delicious. I don't really have a recipe, I just cook up some beef or chicken, throw in a few veggies, add some soy sauce and a big glob of peanut butter! Yum!!

7. If you could be any animal for a day, what would you be and why?
I'd be a cat. Then I could sleep all day and only get up to amble over to the food dish and nibble on something yummy (to a cat, presumably!) Then I'd go find something to throw up on...wait! No, I'd skip that part of being a cat.

8. What’s your favorite book?
I have so many favorites, it's really hard to choose. I actually listed quite a few of them yesterday!

9. What states/countries have you lived in?
I was born in Texas and lived there til I was 7 or 8, I think. Then we moved to Virginia and I"m still here.

10. If you had a choice between leaving your hair exactly the way it looks when you get out of bed OR putting makeup on for the day, what would you choose?
Well, I don't really wear a lot of makeup, so I'd be fine skipping that as long as I could still put on my face lotion so my face doesn't feel so dry.

11. What’s your least favorite chore around the house?
SO MANY CHOICES!!! I think my ultimate least favorite would be laundry, I just feel like no matter how much I do, it's still there!


I am nominating the following people:
1. Herchel at Scruggbug Corner
2. Marcia at Blogitudes
3. NJ at A Cookie Before Dinner
4. Eli at Coach Daddy 
5. Ginny Marie at Lemon Drop Pie
6. Karmen at Chairs from the Curb
7. Dakota at Chimera Road
8. Abbey at Surviving our Blessings
9. Nicole at Semper Fi Family
10. Danielle at Martini's and Minivans
11. Chris at The Mom Cafe

And I am asking them the following questions:

  1. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you in the past week?
  2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
  3. Do you speak another language? If so, which? If not, what language would you like to learn?
  4. In high school were you into sorts, band, choir, art, or something else?
  5. If you were going to write a memoir, what would you call it?
  6. When you snack do you go for sweet, salty, fruity, or crunchy?
  7. List three songs at the top of your playlist lately.
  8. Which of your parents do you think you are most like and why?
  9. If you could become a character on a TV show for a week, who would you choose to be.
  10. What is your favorite blog post that you've written?
  11. Tell us something interesting going on in your life right now.


1 comment :

  1. Love it, my daughters favorite ice cream flavor is that too, and I so dislike laundry as it keeps flipping coming back to me.... Oh and lets not discuss the socks, I gave up on that years ago!!!! Now there is a free for all basket that lives next to the washer! Yep, my OCD can deal with that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...