Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy birthday to me! All About 36

36...Its just a number, right?  Well today (and for the next year), it's my number.
I thought I'd get to know it a little better. Last year when I turned 35, I did 35 good deeds. I had a lot of fun doing it. I also spent a lot of time and money on it, and those resources are not available this year.  So instead, I'll ponder the number 36. Because I'm cool like that.

  • Mathematically-speaking, it's a fun number.  It's a square number (6x6) and a triangular number.  It's got a lot of factors (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 12, 18, 36) and according to Wikipedia it is a semi-perfect number.  I'll take semi-perfect. It seems a lot easier to live up to!
  • 36 ° is too daggone cold, especially after 60s and 70s earlier in the week, but that's what Mother Nature has stuck me with to celebrate the day of my birth! 
    Pay no attention to Wednesday...look at Thursday! :(
  • U.S. Route 36 runs 1,414 miles from Colorado to Ohio.  I've never been to any of the states it runs though, except possibly a trip through Kansas when I was 10 (I don't remember).
  • 36 is the Atomic number of Krypton, which is not the same a Kryptonite, which is good because then I might have trouble being Super Mom this year!
  • 36 inches = 3 feet. I only have two feet. The jury is still out on whether they are both left feet.
  • There is a cat named Meatball in Arizona who weighs 36 pounds!! I weigh more than 36 pounds and I like meatballs. The similarities end there!
  • 36 months = 3 years. Birth to age three is a critical age for child brain development.  After having children, I'm pretty sure my brain development has gone backwards!
  • Lyndon B. Johnson was the 36th president of the United States.  He was from Texas, just like me!!
  • The 36th state to ratify the Constitution was Nevada.  I've never been there, but I'll bet it's nice! (That's a gambling joke, since Las Vegas is in Nevada. You don't have to laugh. Just roll your eyes, like my kids do!)
  • 36 in Roman numerals is XXXVI.
  • Psalm 36 praises God and asks for His continued blessings
  • I took my lunch break at 36 minutes after one o'clock while I was writing this.
  • A perfect score on the ACT (a national college admissions test) is 36.  I never took it, but I wouldn't have scored a 36 anyway.
  • 36 weeks = 9 months =/= full term pregnancy.  Especially one of mine!
I think that's all I've got!  I can tell you are all wishing you could send me birthday gifts. I appreciate the sentiment, but instead, would you go do a good deed for someone else?  Tell them it's in honor of my birthday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...