Friday, January 5, 2018

No Regerts

Have you seen the tattoo that says "no regerts?" It's pretty easy to Google. It makes me laugh. I think living with no regrets is a good idea. However, I also think spell check is a good idea. Especially when investing in something as permanent as a tattoo.

There are some decisions I've made in my life that I have gone back and thought about. The most recent one is the decision to sell our house. That turned into one fiasco after another. In all honesty there were times that I wondered if we should have just stayed where we were. But the reality is that we were squished. There wasn't a good way to add on to the house. The neighborhood wasn't what we wanted for our kids. We loved that house, but what we ultimately wanted couldn't be had there.

So in my good moments, I realize that we did need to move at some point. Maybe the timing could have been different? I've thought that one through too. Our need for space was only going to increase at that point. Kids don't tend to get smaller or take up less space! Should we have moved sooner? Maybe, but we weren't in a financial situation to make that work much earlier.

In the end after much back and forth, and bouncing thoughts and frustrations off other people, the conclusion that I've come to is this: when and how we moved would have caused upheaval and chaos no matter the timing. There's just no way around that. Moving a family of five is a hassle. We could have done things differently, but then different issues would have arisen.

Do I have regrets in life? Not really. All my choices have led to where I am, and I'm okay with that. Do I ever think about an alternate reality where another version of me made a different choice and is living a different life? Sure! Don't we all? I think it's safe to think about or day dream about; but wishing you lived in that alternate reality can become dangerous to your mental health, so it's best to remember who and where you really are and find the things you appreciate about this reality. You can't take two paths. You have to pick one and make the best of it.


Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 10 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

Baking In A Tornado
Never Ever Give Up Hope
Cognitive Script

Part-time Working Hockey Mom
The Bergham Chronicles
My Brand of Crazy
Southern Belle Charm
Climaxed
The Blogging 911

 My subject is "If you pick one crossroad in your life to go back and make another choice which would it be and why?" It was submitted by http://theblogging911.com/blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...