Friday, June 7, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Fall



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


GO

I have this recurring dream where I am walking down the sidewalk and my foot slips and I jerk awake right before I fall into the street. Most of the time I'm not really in any danger. There aren't cars coming or a big puddle.  It's just falling. And it startles me awake and I lie there in bed with my heart racing and I try to go back to sleep.  Pretty sure I've kicked Ken a time or two when it happens.

There really isn't much more to the dream than that.  I don't ever recall a particular street, a destination, or any other details.  Just the fall.  And the jerk.  And the heart racing. And then the realization that I'm okay.

It happens in real life too.  I'll be mosey-ing along minding my own business, living my life and then BAM!  I fall.  Not literally.  Just figuratively.  But the feeling is the same.  I jerk aware and then feel my heart racing.  It could be money stresses.  It could be housing issues.  A child dilemma.  A broken down van.  All these things make me fall. And twitch. And panic.

And then I remember (or better: Someone reminds me) I am in no danger. There is ONE who knows the number of hairs on my head.  There is ONE who holds me in the palm of HIS hand.  There is ONE who will never forsake me or leave me stranded.  He will never let me fall.  Unless I am falling into the comfort of HIS arms.  HE will always remind me that I am loved, I am safe, and I am cared for.

Amen

STOP

3 comments :

  1. Stopping by from FMF. As I read, I couldn't help but think of the many times I've nodded off only to jerk awake. And sometimes, that heart thumping awareness is exactly what I needed to be reminded of The One. I really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Sometimes it is easy to forget this, right? Always good to be reminded.-The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the feeling of falling in my dreams and it often wakes me up. It's the worst!

    Your ending is terrific! I will say Amen as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...