Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

I have missed a few Thursdays because of the busy-ness of life, so I am glad to get back into the habit. It is one think to think about your blessings, and another to take the time to write them out. I have limited myself to three per post simply because I want to write more about fewer tings rather than writing less about a lot of things (does that even make sense?)

  • Today as I reflect I feel especially thankful for my digital camera. I know it doesn't always work and washing my memory card was not a good idea, but without it I wouldn't be able to save so many of the memories that I have here. Ken's mom has a magnet shaped like a camera that Frances loves to play with. She takes pictures with it and then turns it around to "look" at the picture she just took. She does this with imaginary cameras also. I think it is just amazing that we can be so instantly gratified with knowing that a shot came out (or didn't). I also love the video capabilities I have. I have a digital camcorder that I use for longer amounts of time, but just to catch a quick blurb, the camera is awesome!
  • I am also thankful for my pre-schoolers. I hope I am not speaking too soon, but these kids are a delight! Right now I have 6 girls and two boys. The girls like to play princesses together and don't normally fight too much. The boys are both new to my classroom, so for right now all the toys are extra exciting to them. Maybe it is just the noticeable difference between 8 4-year olds and 20 older kids, but my room runs so much more smoothly now!
  • Thirdly, I am thankful for new life. I have four friends right now that are pregnant (I am definitely NOT). Two of them are first time moms and two of them have other children, but all four of them are just a filled with the wonder and appreciation of life growing within them. How great is that!! What a miracle and a privilege that is granted to women who are allowed to create and grow a new life!! It kinda makes me want to be pregnant again...KINDA--not quite ready yet.

1 comment :

  1. It totally makes sense what you are saying about fewer items on you list, but really reflect on them...

    I am glad that you have joy with the children in your pre-school class. Yes, indeed who wonderful to see life growing.

    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

    Blessings to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...