Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Day Off...

Wednesday is usually my day to work at the church, but Henry had a doctor's appointment right in the middle of productivity time, so I took the whole day off. I kept Frances home from school and Ken had the day off as well. It was nice having an unplanned day.

Henry had his one-year check-up today. He is 20.2 pounds and 31 inches tall. According to the chart from the doctor's office, his height seems to be in the 90th percentile (YEAH!) and his weight is about 15th-20th. Not sure how he is so skinny since all he does is eat, but that's what the scale says. He got two shots today and was a real trooper about it. I held him as the nurse did it. He smelled the alcohol and gave me a look that said he knew something was going to happen. He cried briefly, but then he found his thumb and was quiet by the time I left.

We got home and he took a nap. Ken and Frances had gone out to the store, but got home shortly after we did. Frances was supposed to eat lunch and then nap, but of course, she never went to sleep. What am I going to do with her? I would be fine with her skipping her nap if she wasn't such a pill by 6pm. I took a short nap and then had to go out to a meeting at church.



This afternoon I went out and filled up the kiddie pool. The kids put on their suits and jumped in. I put up our umbrella to keep the sun off of them, but it made the water cold and poor little Henry was shivering while we was crawling around the pool.
He also discovered how to get in and out of the pool by himself. We ended up putting the Little Tykes slide into the pool and both kids got a kick out of sliding down into the water. Henry did it head first most times!


Check out his "I don't really like the feel of grass, but I have somewhere to go" crawl. It's precious!!

4 comments :

  1. Not much cuter than a baby in a kiddie pool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hate-the-grass crawl. :) Our Animal did that, too. Cracks me up. Fun to look back in time, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss those days. Love it when Father gives us unexpected moments of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so cute! Thanks for hooking up to the Hump Day Hook Up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...