Tuesday, November 18, 2014

#TuesdayTen: Blogging Bucket List

We're getting close to the end of the year. It feels like everything is started this frantic run towards the end of December. It starts gradually and picks up the pace as it goes. I tend to get stressed out around this time, as I'm sure lots of people do. There's something about considering the end of the year that makes people go crazy!

I like to try and make as many lists as possible around now. I have lists to keep track of my lists. I even had a co-worker ask me if I had enough sticky notes on my desk the other day. I've removed a few and added a few more since then. It's a never ending cycle!

One list that I haven't accomplished much on, though is my bucket list. I guess that's not a terrible thing, since a bucket list is traditionally a collection of things you'd like to do before you die, and I don't have plans to die any time soon. But I still have a list, and every once in a while, I think about things I can add to it. My whole bucket list can be found here, but today, just for fun, I thought I'd write my Blogging Bucket List.
@MamaRabia


  1. Write a post that goes completely viral
  2. Be quoted or used as a reference in a national news story
  3. Go to a blogging conference
  4. Meet a whole bunch of my blogging friends in person
  5. Get paid enough to dig us out of debt
  6. Be featured in a book (DONE! The Mother of All Meltdowns )
  7. Get to 500 "likes" on my Facebook page (help, please!)
  8. Make friends and get to know people from all over the world (DONE!)
  9. Find my childhood best friend through my blog connections (please read!)
  10. Posting 1000 posts (should happen sometime in December actually!) This is post #975
How about you? Do you have a holiday bucket list? Or a blog bucket list? Or even a lifetime bucket list? Share it with me in the comments or write up your own post and link it up here!


#TuesdayTen rules and such are here. Please read them if you've never participated before.

Also, we are putting together a giveaway for our first birthday in January. You can purchase a link for only $5 and get lots of social media exposure. Click here for more information!

25 comments :

  1. I would love viral post and fingers crossed maybe someday 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where you took this! I honestly had trouble coming up with 10 things for a lifetime bucket list, but I'm so stressed about the holidays, etc. right now, it never occurred to me to do something like this! I've done several of those things, but would love to experience #1 and #2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to go to a blogging conference one day, too. I would love to meet some of the amazing women I've connected with online in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Great Blogging Bucket list! I want some of those too! Did you know a bunch of us are talking about meeting at BlogHer '15 in NYC?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an interesting list. I've already managed my 1000 posts and have met some of my blogging friends in person. The only other one we have in common is that I'd like to go to a blogging conference but I have no idea when that will happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! a Blogging Bucket List~ (I shall add that to my Bucket List!) I am new to blogging so it would be cool to have some goals in mind...I would love to go to a Blogging Conference - must see if they have them in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi @the noise of boysNovember 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM

    I was just thinking about this and yes I have one, but it is still in mental development. I know I want a blog redesign and new camera is necessary- but those are really big ones SO I am not sure how much more I want to commitment to! I have Ideas, but want to decide HOW much of a time commitment I can make on the blog side!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just keep writing and keep hoping, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was stuck at first because I didn't want to just recopy my personal bucket list. Having a list of goals for my blog has been on my radar for a while anyway. Now I have it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The money and time and childcare gods are going to have to have a real big pow wow together because I make it to a conference, but hopefully someday the stars will align!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen chatter. It's pretty close to me, but I don't know if it will work out. Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great blogging accomplishments! BlogHer '15 is reasonably close to me, but I'm not sure it will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so many plates to juggle, right? I finally bit the bullet and redesigned mine at the end of the summer, but it's still not perfect. I'm not sure it will ever be perfect, but I'll keep trying to get close!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Number one seems to elude me as well. Congratulations on being able to cross at least some of the items off of your list! Mine is still pretty long.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to go viral but alas....it hasn't happened yet. I hope one day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea for a post - I should really sit down and make a list of my blogging goals!! I'm glad you had your FB link - I guess I hadn't ever "liked" your page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool idea! I hope #3 and #4 happen for you! There is a BlogU15 in Baltimore again!
    I'm not sure I want to go viral because I kinda like the low(ish) profile. Yes, I know I'm popular within my group of friends, but aren't we all??
    And another book for me! Getting more clients this way... meeting more friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so close to 500 likes! I saw that you "liked" my friend's St. Cecilia medal giveaway...I know A.J. Cattapan in real life, and she's great! I would love to meet you someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's good to have goals, right? I say I want a viral post, but I have no idea what I would write that so many people would want to read. It will likely be a fluke if it ever happens!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maybe it will for both of us! I love to see posts from other people I know go viral.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, I'm glad you finally did! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've seen some Blogging conferences coming close int he near future, but I don't know if I'll be able to swing them. I'm crossing my fingers now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. 34 away! I think I can get there by Christmas!!
    That St. Cecilia medal giveaway looks great. I'm not even sure how I came across it (maybe you...)
    I wish we could have a big MOAM get together! Maybe in Korea!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I will go like you on Facebook right now and make you one like closer to your blogging bucket list goal! Also, I hope we get to meet in person one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...